I. PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Better Together STL only uses your personal information for the original purposes it was given. If you give us personally identifiable information, we will only use it as follows:
- We may share your personal information with our agents, contractors or partners in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for, or with, Better Together STL, such as sending email messages, managing data, hosting our databases, providing data processing services, or providing online consulting services. These agents, contractors or partners have entered into legal agreements with us whereby they are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for Better Together STL.
- We retain the right to disclose collected information if required to do so by law or in exceptionally rare instances if acting on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to protect national, state, or organizational security, or to respond to an emergency situation.
- If you enter your email address in the “Stay Informed” form or on a registration form, and complete the process to opt in to receive emails from our mailing list, we may contact you from time to time with updates on our ongoing activities or appeals for action. Each email will contain a link enabling you to unsubscribe from receiving future messages from the Better Together STL email list.
We do not solicit any personal information from children. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorized to use the Site. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that can be used to prevent children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors.
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We take appropriate security measures to protect your information against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
II. NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
A cookie is a small, encrypted data string our servers store on your hard drive with a unique generated User ID number when you visit our site. Google, Facebook and other third-party vendors display our advertisements on sites across the internet, and we use these cookies to tailor advertising to you based on your past visits to our sites in a process called “remarketing.”
Cookies do not store personally identifiable information, and they cannot access or otherwise compromise the data on your hard drive. We do not share our cookie information directly with any third-party, with the exception of those required to manage our remarketing campaign.
Additionally, Google Analytics will be used to track information on visitors to voterparticipation.org for the purpose of website optimization and assessing whether key audiences are visiting the site.
Google Analytics collects the following types of information from users:
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Screen colors (color processing ability of the user’s screen)
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site
- The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data DOES NOT include any personalized identification information such as:
- Phone Numbers
- Mailing Addresses
- Social Security Numbers
- Bank Account Numbers
- Credit Card Information
This information is used to administer and update the website. BetterTogetherSTL.com will be a more user-friendly site if we know which pages our users are visiting and how often. We will also assess whether the visitors to the site match the expected site demographics and determine how key audiences are navigating the content.
If you don’t want us to establish this cookie, you can choose to change your browser settings to disable cookies; additionally, you can opt out of the ads displayed as a result of your visit to this site by changing your settings for Google and Facebook.
III. REVIEW, UPDATE AND DELETION OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
If you are concerned about the information you have provided to us or would like to review, update, or delete this information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make reasonable efforts to comply with your requests.
IV. DISCLAIMER TO SECURITY
VI. CONTACT INFORMATION
Last Updated: January 24, 2017